A lot has changed in this digital era, and that includes elections and Political Campaigns too. Just like any other brand or product promotion campaign, Political Campaigns are also filled with advertisements, reaching to the target audience, discussions for change, and influencing people.
Earlier, traditional ways like Television and Newspaper were used to carry such campaigns but today, political parties across the globe have understood the importance of investing in Digital marketing for campaigns.
Donald Trump’s victory in the US elections is a great example of digital marketing’s success in election campaigns.
Let’s discuss some of the ways in which digital marketing enhances political campaigns-
• Political Digital marketing helps one to understand the ‘target audience’. There is plenty of Google analytics data available online which can facilitate the process of knowing people.
• A virtual presence increases a candidate’s digital mileage. That means, there are a number of social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc, which helps the candidate to connect to voters on a personal level and show how relatable he or she is.
• As earlier mentioned, digital marketing can promote and become the communication arm for the candidate. It helps in delivering the right message, at the right time to the right audience. No matter how well put the message is, if it doesn’t reach to people, it’s useless.
• As all the candidates have digital presence nowadays, digital marketing also helps to the know about other candidates and campaigns.
• Political Digital Marketing is very much cost-effective. Unlike other tradition advertising medium such as television and newspaper, social media cuts the cost of advertising and helps to reach to target audience only.
• Digital marketing helps to promote individual candidate not only during the election but all the time. Most of the people are now on some kind of social media platforms, and the platform has become a great source of imparting information about politics.